The footbath solution leading the fight against Lameness
Deosan HH+ is a brand new type of footbath product designed to prevent lameness in cattle. It’s proven to prevent hoof degradation using safer and more cost-effective methods than existing solutions.
Lameness is one of the biggest animal welfare challenges dairy farmers face and has been for over twenty years. At any one time, as many as 20-25% of a dairy herd* can be lame with losses to lameness averaging 2% of milk revenue. Deosan HH+ directly improves the strength and structure of the hoof without masking the symptoms of lameness.
Walk-through footbaths designed to limit bacterial infection and to harden the hooves have been the standard approach to reducing lameness. However, until now the available solutions employed have been anything but sustainable. The Deosan HH+ formulation restores hoof hardness without damaging the earth, your animals or the value of milk.
The better way to boost hoof hardness and promote animal welfare
- Boosts natural prevention from the use of a strong mineral acid that supports the reversal of the hoof degradation process.
- Optimizes hoof hardness in a safe way that does not trick the animal into thinking they are free from pain.
- Inert nature, supporting the durability and ongoing efficacy of the product in heavily soiled footbaths.
- Proven, with rigorous trial results that demonstrate and measure its hoof hardening properties.
- Used regularly on thousands of cows in premium European dairy markets.
- Offers a more cost-effective and efficient solution to the challenge of lameness.
- 100% water-soluble which significantly reduces its environmental impact.
Deosan HH+ is a powerful, effective and sustainable solution that places the welfare of the animal at the heart of lameness prevention. It’s not just a fall-back or a reactive option. Its novel approach also protects the animal from further degradation over time.
Please contact your Diversey representative to confirm local product range and availability.